Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Router Wifi Light OFF

So since yesterday my wifi connection in EVERY room has been slow as hell i mean its always been slow beacause of where it is installed but god it's so  [REMOVED] bad since yesterday, except two rooms one is the room where the router is and second is the room which is below the room where the router is. I even did Service Status, Used the Virgin Media Connect App, and manually reset the Router. NON fixed the issue then i saw that the Router which normaly had the green wifi signal light was off but my ethernet was working fine. The light for the power is still the normal white light. I NEED A technician seen as soon as possible like in less than a week, I DONT care how it needs to happen NOW, i pay my bill im not getting this service for free send someone to FIX IT.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Wifi Light OFF

What is your contracted speed ?

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

It will only happen NOW if you call it in and report the fault. VM people on here often take up to a week to get to these posts.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

my eithernet is working fine. its the wireless thats not working fine. The contracted M200 Fiber and 213Mbps

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Muh4mm3d wrote:

my eithernet is working fine. its the wireless thats not working fine. The contracted M200 Fiber and 213Mbps

Think of Virgin Media as similar to your water contract.

A leak on the water company side of the meter is their problem, a leak on your side of the meter is your problem, bad Wi-Fi away from the Hub is just the same as poor flow to a kitchen tap - your responsibility not anyone else’s.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

whats the phone number? i dont know what it is. so you know the reason why the router no longer has the green wifi light on it used to have it on, could the reason be faulty router?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

its not slow before i could atleast stream youtube in different rooms well  atleast no in the kitchen but in the other rooms it would stream OK but now you cant even stream youtube anymore in any room

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Contracted speeds are speeds delivered to the hub and achieved by certain capable wired devices.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Muh4mm3d wrote:

whats the phone number? i dont know what it is. so you know the reason why the router no longer has the green wifi light on it used to have it on, could the reason be faulty router?

Hold on, i'll just Google it for you.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone)

Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. Took just 20’ for me one midweek afternoon recently.

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos