cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Resets SSID periodically, and is getting worse.

CP960
Joining in

I've been having an issue, that's affecting a large amount of devices in my household.  It was only happening about once a month which I could deal with, but it's now happened three times this week.

My SSID reverts back to an older one, of its own accord seemingly at random. This is causing a security drama as it knocks out all my WiFi cameras and when I'm away I cannot reboot.  This has to be a software issue with the firmware of the router, I work from home and I work in Cyber Security and will not just allow the router to do it's own thing or have no control over it.

I've read this isn't a new issue either, so could I please get a better router that isn't possessed. 

If anyone else has had this resolved, please drop a comment. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

Reverting to default SSID is often reported with Hub 4s, but not unknown with the Hub 3 & 5.

Also common are ignoring manual WiFi channel settings, reverting to 20/40/80 bandwidth and re-enabling Disabled WiFi bands.

The root of this is VM applying a WiFi policy to the Hubs, so it is a battle that can not be won with the Hub in Router mode.

Switching the Hub to modem mode and using a 3rd party router is the only way to gain full control & stability of the WiFi settings.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

Reverting to default SSID is often reported with Hub 4s, but not unknown with the Hub 3 & 5.

Also common are ignoring manual WiFi channel settings, reverting to 20/40/80 bandwidth and re-enabling Disabled WiFi bands.

The root of this is VM applying a WiFi policy to the Hubs, so it is a battle that can not be won with the Hub in Router mode.

Switching the Hub to modem mode and using a 3rd party router is the only way to gain full control & stability of the WiFi settings.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you @CP960.

Sorry to hear of the issues you've been experiencing on the hub, with the SSID returning to it's default settings.

I see that the post from @Client62 has been marked as a helpful answer.

Would I be correct in thinking this is the route you're going to take with this matter, or are you still in need of assistance from ourselves? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn