Menu
Mike8881
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Router Replacement

Hi all

My Internet connection is very, on & off. I keep turning my router off then back on. I've had this router for 10-15 years, somebody recently suggested I had it replaced. I've tried phoning Virgin & also on line but I can't seem to find out what to do. Any helpful suggestions would be gratefully received.

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Replacement

What Hub is it?

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Mike8881
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

It says on the.bottom  Super Hub 2ac

If that's any help

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

They are currently not offering free replacements due toi stock issues - in fact they have restarted asking for SH2's back to refurbish and send out.

So your only real option now is to call in and report it as "faulty" - if it is they will replace it.

However, Are the issues only evident on wifi connections or do you see them at the same times on devices connected on ethernet cables? If you don't know, can you check to help diagnose whether it is just a wifi issue or it could be network connection or Hub fault related?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Mike8881
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don't know whether its the same thing but other devices, like my smart TV, phone & kindle mainly often report they cannot find the IP address until I reboot. Is that the sort of thing you mean?

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike8881

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear of the issues you're having currently. 

Can the smart TV be connected via Ethernet if it's near the router? That would also help with the bandwidth as well. Also has a pin reset been tried on the router?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos