Menu
LynG1950
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Router Not Working

Hi!

I have been having issues with my router for around 3 days now whereby I have lost all access to my wifi connection. There are no lights coming up on it at all, just a small green light at the side where the ports are. I have followed advice on the website in that I have unplugged it, tried different sockets etc, checked the wires are all plugged in etc but to no avail. I tried the online chat service but the bot said there was no support for faults online. I did find an option that said i may be eligible for a free upgrade as I have an older model (Superhub, about 5 years old now) but didnt really get any further that that. I have had service tests run online multiple times now but as there seems to be no output from the router, the tests cant really run. There are no reported service outages in my areas. 

I am really uncomfortable talking on the phone so i am hoping i can get some support from here.  I have tried looking for any options to have someone come and look at the router for me, but there doesn't seem to be an option to book an appointment. 

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Not Working

If you have no lights showing, after power cycling the hub, other than by the ethernet ports then it sounds like the hub may well be kaput.

Can you identify which hub you have from the pictures here?

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-what-do-the-lights-on-your-hub-mean

Super Hub 1's can be replaced as free/replacement upgrades, I believe whether the hub is working or not.

0 Kudos
LynG1950
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi! Thank you for responding so quickly, It is a superhub 1, how would i go about getting the replacement? 

Thanks again

Lyn

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In all likelihood then that has failed. A friend of mine had exactly the same issue about a month ago with a SH1 and no lights showing.

The default method is to phone it in as a fault. Since it is a SH1 there should be no question about them swapping it for you but if you are not comfortable phoning, and can wait, the VM forum team should pick this up here and arrange a technician to replace it for you. They can take up to a week to reply but are usually quicker.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

While waiting call it it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (or 09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
LynG1950
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help, I am managing with my phone data/hotspot for now so hopefully someone from the virgin team will be in touch over the next couple of days! If not I will have to try and call! Thanks again

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried this link - It may be possible for them to replace it from the Web:

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
LynG1950
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! Yes I have tried that and when I sign in, it redirects me to the live chat option and i struggle to get past the triage bot to an actual person! 

0 Kudos
lotharmat
Well-informed
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Darn - Hopefully VM Staff will be along shortly to sort this out!

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Laurie_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi LynG1950,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the Community Forum! I'm really sorry to hear that you're having this problem

I'd be happy to take a closer look at this for you, I'll just need to confirm some details with you via Private Message. Please look out for a purple envelope in the top right corner of this page.

Many thanks,

Laurie

Laurie_C
Forum Team
0 Kudos