Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Router/Internet Problems, packet loss etc

Hi all, 

Having serious problems today with Virgin Media in the Manchester Area. 

Started the day off experiencing high packet loss, resulting in lots of lag in certain games. Stayed this way the whole day, but then an hour ago I decided to do a factory reset. 

After this, the router does not even connect to the internet, although I can connect to the router. 

The date is 1970 (the default) and I cant get it to connect to the internet. 

On the router's web interface, the "internet" part says "access denied" or "ds scanning" to no avail.

Not really sure what to do next, having serious problems with Virgins recently, no doubt the Covid situation must play a part in terms of overload etc.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router/Internet Problems, packet loss etc

What Hub model is it ?

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

if nothing shows there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 - VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.- the UK call centre is still picking up and calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through quickly, although I got through recently in 20' at ~1pm midweek.
Or, a VM person should pick this thread up as soon as they see it and be able to help in a few days.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos