Menu
LeeC02
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Router Hub 3- has red power light. I've tried all suggestions inc. 30 sec. reset.

I have re-set the Hub 3 and left it off. It isnt in a cupboard, it's upright and in free air and the vents are not blocked. Its in the perfect location. 

The red light is permanent and will not go back to normal.

Also - Unable to get in to the router on the laptop on 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.100.1

I really have tried everything. I think the router has gone faulty.

Please can someone at Virgin assist?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Hub 3- has red power light. I've tried all suggestions inc. 30 sec. reset.

Are you actually having network connection issues or is it just a red light issue?

Try a reset again and see if you can log in. If you are trying over wifi - try it on a computer/laptop connected by ethernet cable - or vica versa. Also try different browsers

Note that a pinhole reset on a Hub3 can be a bit problematic - so do it (again) EXACTLY this way (not as the VM website says!).

With the Hub switched "on", disconnect any ethernet connections and then push in the “reset pin” with the end of a paperclip/thin nail/SIM tray “tool” or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT manually restart the Hub at any time. Leave it 10' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card.

See if that gets you back reconnected. Report back

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos