Menu
1msmith78
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Router Bugs

Is there anybody from Virgin Media on here who could forward these bugs?

If you have DHCP reservations then the ordering is so random, not by MAC address or IP address. If you could either sort out the ordering or give us the option to order the columns then this would really make my life easier.

DHCP Reservations Bug.png

Also, when you add a reservation, does the whole router really have to reset every time - I mean really?

Also, can you add some additional device icons when you categorise the devices on the home page? For example.....

Video Cameras
Smart Devices (e.g. Amazon Echo)
Smart TV
Smart Watch
Range Extender
Hive Hub
Virgin media's own TiVo box

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Bugs

They won't fix that - it's been that way since the earlier hubs.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi @1msmith78,

Welcome back to our community forums.

Sorry to hear you are experiencing these bugs on your Hub. Can you further expand on how this is affecting your service? Are you experiencing issues on multiple devices? Does this affect wired or wireless devices?

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
1msmith78
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Akua_A.

Thank you for your reply, it is appreciated   🙂

I am working from home due to the pandemic and I have lots of work devices on my home network which I need to access over the network. I have used IP reservations to make this easier so I know which device is which (as new devices come/go frequently) however administering them is very painful as they are never in a sensible order and when you make any changes, the whole router resets which also kicks my wife off the internet and interrupts her work calls.

I appreciate that is an advanced feature but it is a very standard advanced feature. This won't be a problem for most users but for the more technical ones (or those with similar tech-jobs) these particular bugs are a real pain.

However, as Gary quite rightly pointed out (and I have seen elsewhere on this site), Virgin have known about these issues for years so I suspect these won't be fixed.

To answer your questions...

How is it affecting my service? - The hub resets and disconnects all devices when a change is made. Also finding the entry to change is very hard because the ordering is broken.

Am I experiencing it on multiple devices? - Yes, all devices are disconnected.

Does this affect wired or wireless devices - All wireless devices are affected. I do not have any wired devices.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back to me regarding this @1msmith78

Are you able to test this on a wired device for a short period of time so we can determine if this is a WIFI specific issue?

Many thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
1msmith78
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Akua_A.

Thank you again for replying.

Unfortunately, no I don't have a wired device to hand that I can test with however I have just looked in the router and the router up-time is since Tuesday lunch time. Tuesday lunch time would have been the last time I edited the reservations so that would imply that the router did a full restart. That would most likely mean that all devices would be affected (wired and wireless) if the whole router is restarting.

Thanks,

Martin.

0 Kudos
legacy1
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

How long will you be willing to wait for this to be fixed?

---------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I admire your tenacity for asking for such bugs to be sorted.   However personally if you need such granular admin I would really suggest getting your own router and just give up on the Hub for such things.  Modem mode will definitely be your friend and a 3rd party router will save your sanity   🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back @1msmith78.

I have been able to access your account and take a look into this issue for you. I can see there are local issues in the area that may be affecting your service. Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services may be intermittent. This issue began 14 APR 2021 16:00 and is due to be resolved 22 JUN 2021 12:00. Our teams are currently working to resolve this as soon as possible

Please let me know if the issues persist after this and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos
1msmith78
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks guys  🙂

Don't get me wrong, I'm under no illusions, I'm well aware that they won't fix this but then if we don't ever report anything then they won't ever fix anything either.

I have nearly purchased a separate router several times since the pandemic started but when I'm no-longer working from home, I will no-longer need the granular admin (at home). I didn't really want to purchase a separate router to address my temporary requirements to resolve an issue which shouldn't be there in the first place.

Thanks for your advice though.   🙂

0 Kudos