cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router Admin site took too long to respond

RunningBeare
Tuning in

Hi, I'm trying to configure my router to split 2.4ghz and 5ghz -

Weirdly I could not connect to the hub (192.168.0.1) from my PC which is hard wired to the hub/router but was able to load it from my phone initially... 

From my phone; I turned off "channel optimisation" which disconnected me and now I can't log into the hub/router at all although the internet is working okay. 

Attempting to visit 192.168.0.1 results in - 

This site can’t be reached

192.168.0.1 took too long to respond.

I've restarted the hub but it's made no difference, the internet is still accessible though.

I've been following the guidance in this post - 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/virgin-hub-5-how-can-I-setup-separate-2-4-a... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

I can normally access the hubs menu via http://192.168.0.1/  without issue.

That the PC can not connect reads like this is a Hub 5 with a failed DHCP server i.e. the PC does not connect as the DHCP information has not been received or is incomplete. Check the PC connection details the IP should be in the 192.168.0.xxx range.

It may be possible to manually reconnect the PC to the Hub by setting the PC to a static IP say 192.168.0.200,   Gateway 192.168.0.1 (the Hub ),  DNS  8.8.8.8    (Google Public DNS ) 

Failing this a factory reset via the rear Reset button.   Press & hold for 60 seconds, then leave the Hub to recover.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Whilst it's not always possible, any work on the Hub admin console should be done on a wired connection for the exact reasons as above.  I would never do any console work over Wifi.

If you have changed the SSID, you will need to "forget" the original VM wifi connection on your phone and reconnect to the new SSID.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Client62
Legend

I can normally access the hubs menu via http://192.168.0.1/  without issue.

That the PC can not connect reads like this is a Hub 5 with a failed DHCP server i.e. the PC does not connect as the DHCP information has not been received or is incomplete. Check the PC connection details the IP should be in the 192.168.0.xxx range.

It may be possible to manually reconnect the PC to the Hub by setting the PC to a static IP say 192.168.0.200,   Gateway 192.168.0.1 (the Hub ),  DNS  8.8.8.8    (Google Public DNS ) 

Failing this a factory reset via the rear Reset button.   Press & hold for 60 seconds, then leave the Hub to recover.

RunningBeare
Tuning in

Hi, I appear to have resolved this. I had my old provider/router still running. I've turned the old router off and it seems to be working okay now 🤞

The manifestation was weird though as I couldn't connect to the virgin hub which was connect by a LAN.

Anyway I'm moving on 😀

Thanks for the replies. 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can explain it. Your old router, which was on Ethernet, had a duplicate IP address of 192.168.0.1. So when you went to this address on Ethernet connected device you went to old router, hence no go. When you used WiFi, you went to the VM hub, ok.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2