Menu
Angela54
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Router 3 constantly dropping Wifi

My router 3 is dropping the WiFi every few hours. Can’t work like this. I am thinking of leaving Virgin and going to BT. 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router 3 constantly dropping Wifi

Have you tried a factory reset? Hold in the pinhole at the rear of the router for at least 50 seconds and then release (the lights will flash while holding in the pinhole reset button after about 10-15 seconds) then allow 5 minutes for the router to reboot and re-sync the connection.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
RedGooner
Super solver
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

For Starters the WIFI on the SH is useless.

Is it all devices dropping or just one ??

If only one device, try it on another WIFI signal.

2.4GHz or 5GHz Wifi range ??

--
Red (VM SH2 AC Beta tester)
Running on 1Gbps VM service with SH4 in Modem Mode, with a ASUS RT-AC5300 router. With this setup I get Fantastic WIRED and WIRELESS Signals in my home. I dont work for VM. But I work in IT, and I know my tech.
My advice is at your own risk. If you are happy with my answers please press Kudo ?
0 Kudos
Angela54
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Oh yes, many many times. 

0 Kudos
Angela54
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It’s the whole lot. We have two adults working from home and two Uni students trying to do online courses. Going slowly mad. 

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You would probably be better of investing in a decent third party router, that way you can put the Virgin Hub into modem mode and let the router deal with all the traffic. This would give you better wi-fi coverage and if you go for the likes of a wi-fi 6 capable router you would get better speeds. There are loads of options from Asus, TP Link etc and seeing as the VM Hubs are well known for their lack of wi-fi capabilities you would be better of using your own equipment, especially if you are suffering from poor wi-fi coverage and speed. I know it's a case of having to spend money that you shouldn't have to, but it really is worth it and gives you a better all round internet experience 🙂

Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
0 Kudos
Angela54
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, that’s a great answer. The reality is these routers seem to be either faulty or just not very good. Virgin seem overwhelmed with calls.

0 Kudos
conman33158
Superfast
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Their wifi capabilities are dire, a third party router is always the best option in cases like these.

0 Kudos