Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Ring doorbell 2

Hello please can anyone help me I have the fastest speed, and my ring doorbell 2 isn’t working I’ve been having problems for weeks now, any ideas why it’s not working.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ring doorbell 2

“Not working” in what way?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

No live view, no motion notifications, keeps going offline then I have a problem getting back online then only get the random notification maybe one or two a day.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Get a better router to increase the WiFi signal to the doorbell. Or a mesh system. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thank you this is all a bit technical for me I’m an elderly person and not that good at all this, where can I get a router or mesh system from and is it easy to install, as virgin told me if I upgraded my package to a faster speed my doorbell would work, I did that and it isn’t working still.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The Ring 2 is 2.4GHz only - the Ring3 gets the faster 5GHz band. As gary suggests yours is probably suffering from connection issues on the 2.4 band and a mesh would cure it.

What Hub model do you have? There are some tweaks you can try on the Hub3 to try and improve the 2.4 performance. Also get a wifi analyser App and scan the wifi channels SSID's at the Ring2 location and see how strong your signal is there and also how much "competition" there is from other SSID's on your channel. You could then change your 2.4 channel to one of 1,6,11 that might perform better at that location

EDIT: sorry just saw your new post - if this is a bit too techy for you post back and we will try and offer something simpler for you to follow

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

as virgin told me if I upgraded my package to a faster speed my doorbell would work, I did that and it isn’t working still

I'll leave aside the question about wifi, but if you are paying more because some VM employee told you that you needed a higher broadband speed to add on stuffin' doorbell, then you have been lied to, and Virgin Media should sort that out (and the offending employee).  Even on Virgin Media's slowest speeds, there's AMPLE capacity to support a few internet connected devices and still allow you to do what you want.

I've flagged your post for the attention of VM's forum staff as a mis-selling claim.  If they can sort this out that's good, if they can't then come back to me by PM and I'll explain what your complaint and escalation options are.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I wouldn’t have a clue how to do that, I don’t even know what router I have I hope these pics come out so you can see

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@Bev07 wrote:

I wouldn’t have a clue how to do that, I don’t even know what router I have I hope these pics come out so you can see

The Hub router i.d. is printed on its base sticker or card. You dont seem to have added any piccys - so just type in what model it says about it

This is mine - its a Superhub2 😎  The VMDG number will be enough

SH2 BASE STICKER.jpeg

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Oh it says hub 3.0

vmdg505/tg2492LG-VM

0 Kudos