Menu
Endohr
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ring appears multiple times on Hub

Hello all, 

I’m trouble shooting some wifi issues (poor wifi connection despite virgin connect app showing strong signal) whilst checking devices connected to my hub(3) I’ve noticed ring appears 3 times. I only have one ring doorbell (the doorbel3 model).

why would it appear three times? 

Apart from pausing them one by one, is there any way of reading the info on the virgin app to tell which is which?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ring appears multiple times on Hub

@Endohr wrote:

Hello all, 

I’m trouble shooting some Wi-Fi issues (poor Wi-Fi connection despite virgin connect app showing strong signal) whilst checking devices connected to my hub(3) I’ve noticed ring appears 3 times. I only have one ring doorbell (the doorbel3 model).

why would it appear three times? 

Apart from pausing them one by one, is there any way of reading the info on the virgin app to tell which is which?

How are you viewing the connected devices - is this on the hub GUI or via an app?  I'm guessing on the VM app.

It could be that the doorbell has been given different IP addresses over time, or has connected using 2.4 and 5 GHz and is therefore showing as different devices?

Login to the hub and look at the list of connected devices - how does it show up there. ?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
g0akc
Rising star
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Also, our Ring door bell shows up on our D Link router GUI as having a MAC address from Texas Instruments

You can use the MAC address to see the device (host) and look it up on a look up site - see if the MAC address is different against the different entries (it should only have one as shown on the box) but it might be interesting to see....

This may just be a bug in the app you're using...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Endohr
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yes I’m using the VM app. 

how do I log into the Hub? This so all new to me!

0 Kudos