Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Returning internet modem

I cancelled my broadband plan a few months ago and repeatedly called the customer service hotline (0345 454 1111) for the pre-paid package, but it has never arrived. I am frankly very tired of calling Virgin Media six times and have wasted so much time staying on the line (hours on end at times) for someone to pick it up just to tell me there is no alternative solution. I am not confident that the package will arrive again despite the call teller promising so just a few moments ago. Besides, the call teller claimed the pre-paid package was only sent out twice even though I called six times. Could someone please help rectify this? I do not wish to be charged the penalty fee. And I will not inform Virgin Media again if I do not receive the pre-paid package - I've had enough. I am also considering asking my bank to blacklist Virgin Media just in case I'm charged the penalty fee. I am also considering cautioning my peers against using Virgin Media lest they come across the same problem.

Best regards,

Bjorn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Returning internet modem

advice - stop asking for it, leave the hub in a cupboard and should they ever ask for it you'll know where it is.

blacklisting a company - good luck with idea.
your "peers"? interesting concept.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

right or wrong... If vm try and take the payment and it fails and you do not pay it they will just pass it to debt colletors and put a black mark on your credit file. So best so think about that.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The customer service is not for purpose as can be seen from the hundreds of people complaining on here and on social media. Unfortunately unless you get lucky or are prepared to spend several hours on hold several days a week it seems unlikely you’ll get through. 

Best bet is to file a complaint. They have 8 weeks to address that. It will also provide a record of the fact you tried to return the equipment. 

Sorry you’ve wasted so much time on this. I can see how incredibly frustrating it must be. 

Tilt is the Peoples Champion - MikeRobbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi! Yeah I just realized I could submit a complaint. Your comment was timely thank u(: and cheers to everyone else for their opinions.

0 Kudos