cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning Hub 4

MarkWilks
Tuning in

Hello, sorry, I was not sure where to post this.

I have recently upgraded to a Hub 4 thinking it would help with the kids gaming consoles/PC disconnecting or lagging but it turns out that the Hub 3 works (slightly) better than the 4.

I also work from home for the NHS and occasionally get the odd disconnection which is not ideal.

I have been asked to return the Hub 3 but I am thinking of actually returning Hub 4 because there is no improvement. This is also despite having a virgin wifi pod.

I spoke to someone via Whatsapp and quite abruptly told me that they will send out another wifi pod as there is nothing else that can be done.

If someone here works for Virgin Media, please can you reply with some advice. Can I return the hub 4 and keep 3 or, can you send me out the new Hub 5? I am a relatively new customer. I was with Sky previously and I think I have had more issues with virgin broadband in the could of months that I have had it, than I did with Sky for the past 6 years

8 REPLIES 8

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If you are on 1GB service then you have to use the Hub4/5

- but if not...

You could call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 (option 3)
and ask to have the Hub3 reactivated onto ypur account and tell them you will return the Hub4 and see what they say

You can also have up to 3 pods

You may need the Hub serial numbers/MAC addresses off the barcode stickers and also your account number to get ut done - although they should have them on record.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

How would I know if I am on a 1GB service?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Its whatever you wanted and signed up to - or upgraded to.

Your online account will also show what service package you are currently paying for.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Thanks for your advice.

Gave VM a call and got my hub 3 reactivated.

They told me to keep hold of hub 4 for just in case purposes.

Hi @MarkWilks

Welcome to the community forums. 

Sorry to hear about your service concerns and that the Hub 4 did not work for you. Glad that the team was able to reconnect your Hub 3 as requested. 

I would recommend sending the Hub 4 back to us rather than keeping hold of it as it will not work. You can order a pre-paid return package or print your own returns label here. Drop this off at your nearest collect plus point 9keep the receipt, it has your tracking number on it) and we'll collect from there. 

How are your WiFi pods since your switched back to the Hub 3 ? Are they working as they should?

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi,

Thanks for your message.

Thank you, I'll look to get it returned as soon as possible.

To be honest, we're still having issue despite going back to the Hub 3 and having 2 WiFi pods ( I don't know if these are actually working)

I'm currently thinking of buying a 3rd party router 

Hello MarkWilks.

Sorry to hear the WIFI keeps dropping after switching back to the Hub3.

I have checked the Hub levels from here and its all looking fine.

The Pods are showing as working too. 

Are any lights pulsating on the Pods.

Gareth_L

LukeLjJames
On our wavelength

Its rebranded Arriss router  inside its not as good as the old netgear one virgin had (think it may have been 2 or 3)

if ya want to have a look and scan your network try Advanced ip scanner , wireshark , ip range scanner , network scanner , angry ip scanner , Nmap , ip address scanner ..... there loads all free and will give you very detailed readout of your network , wifi , isp and allsorts    heres a top 11  to read 

hope that helps 

https://geekflare.com/network-scanner/