Menu
Riverfly
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Return Equipment - 10 months after contract end

Hi, 

I ended my virgin contract when I moved house last June because they couldn't supply the new property. The account is settled and closed. One of the last emails I received stated:

"We may need you to return our kit. If we do, we'll let you know and post you some pre-paid packaging within the next 10 days. Just pack everything up and take it to a Collect Plus point near you. Please make sure you pop in the right power cables and Virgin TV remote control."

I've heard nothing from Virgin for 10 months, no email, no calls and no post (royal mail forwarding still set up for another 2 months) to return and am now getting phone calls my phone flags as spam asking for address information to return the old kit. 

I'm looking for the equipment buy very much doubt I still have it laying around after so long. 

What can I do to resolve this, I really don't feel it's fair to pay a cost for this equipment when well past the timeframe laid out in correspondence when leaving

Hope someone can help. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Return Equipment - 10 months after contract end

Request a returns pack online 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Riverfly
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time to reply, I've just searched the whole house and definitely don't have the equipment any longer so a returns pack wouldn't help. 

The email I received clearly states if it's required back I would have been contacted within 10 days. I know I kept it when I moved but must have recycled it when I last had a clear out. 

Does anyone have the contact details for the team dealing with returning kit? I called on 0345 454 1111earlier but were not able to put me through, provide a number or email address. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you’ve misplaced the equipment you’ll likely be liable for the charges then. 

You just need to call the standard support number. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Riverfly
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks,

Its a hub 3 and V6 box

I'll give the main customer services number another go when they are open tomorrow. 

Id be happy to pay if I hadn't had an email 10months ago stating they would let me know if it needs to be returned within 10 days, just want to talk to the team arranging the collections. 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @Riverfly

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - we are sorry that there was some confusion regarding the equipment return when you left us last year. The equipment you have does need to be returned or usually there is a charge. 

Now, back during the height of the pandemic last year, we did place a hold on our equipment returns due to the closure of the majority of shops and of course with the stay at home order in place. What we should have advised you is if you we're unable to return them at the time to keep hold of the equipment until such a time that you can return them to us. 

We usually would have still sent the pre-paid packaging anyway. As per the email you quoted, the packaging is usually sent around 10 days after the account has closed and will usually be sent to the account address unless otherwise advised. I can see from your account that the packaging was sent and should have been with you around 15th June 2020 - I can only apologise that you did not receive it.

Due to the time of you leaving and due to the equipment return being on hold, I shall ensure that your account is noted to advise that we have authorised them not to be returned. No charges will be made for the equipment. 

Hope that is ok - please do pop back if we can assist with anything further 🙂 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos