Menu
redhat1991
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Restting router password Hub 3.0

I tried to access my router today, & found the password I have on file is incorrect.

I followed the reset procedure & rebooted the router but the password on the bottom of my hub 3 didnt work.

I retried the reset process with the same result.

Advice on next steps wld be appreciated.

I've no loss of service, except of course my phone & Kindle can no longer access my home wifi.

Thank you

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Restting router password Hub 3.0

Try resetting again but ensuring that the pin hole is kept pressed for over 60 seconds.

Just to confirm is this the password to connect wifi devices or is it the one to login?

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
redhat1991
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hello Matt

Thanks for the reply.

I saw a post emphasising the importance of waiting 60 secs, so I followed that on my 2nd attempt & in addition to rebooted the router.

I was still unable to login to the router using the numeric password on the bottom of Hub 3.0

My issue at the moment is accessing the router itself, NOT the wifi password. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I've personally only come across this happening once, and that was with the new Hub 4 and that was when it decided to update with an overseas cable operators software *UPC

When trying to login I guess the login screen is Virgin Media branded?

Other than this, I could only suggest trying to login connected via Ethernet (if not already)

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

also what browser are you using?

0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

You said you rebooted the hub after the pin hole reset. I assume you mean you power cycled it. You must NOT reboot/power cycle the hub after a pin hole reset, it will do that itself.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
redhat1991
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hello Matt,

My router is a Hub 3.0

The router login screen has a Virgin Media logo

My browser is Firefox v85.0

The relevant errors from the router log are given below, but I dont suppose they convey anything other than 'wrong password'

05/02/2021 16:29:32 Warning! LAN login FAILED : Incorrect Username / Password / ConnectionType;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

05/02/2021 16:29:2 Warning! RCS Partial Service;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

05/02/2021 16:25:9 Warning! LAN login FAILED : Incorrect Username / Password / ConnectionType;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Thanks

0 Kudos
redhat1991
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hello Tudor,

Thanks for your reply.

After I completed the pinhole reset, I disconnected the router & then reconnected it, I'm guessing that means I did what your saying I shld NOT do.

Is there anything to be gained by doing another pinhole reset?

Thanks

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

try it and see if it works.

0 Kudos
redhat1991
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hello Matt

OK so I pressed the reset pin waited until the light went out, did NOT disconnect the power cable.

Obviously I lost internet connectivity, but it all came back up within 5 minutes without any intervention on my part.

Which is all very good, but unfortunately I still can't login to the router using the numeric password.

Thanks

0 Kudos