Menu
arobinson881
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Resolutions team, where are they?

I am trying to contact the resolutions team....it's impossible so as a last throw of the dice I am posting here. I think I will have more luck explaining to bojo what brexit actually means from a monetary and fiscal point of view than finding a helpful person at virgin media....here's my story:

Over a month ago I moved house and an engineer install my broadband. Picture this, I have just completed an entire house renovation, the place is looking amazing, no marks, no scuffs the place looks brand new which it bloody well should do. The engineer somehow manages to drill a hole in the wrong wall and rather than apologies cracks an joke and says someone will be round to fix it later that day! This is external wall so I am now able to accurately tell you what the outside temperature is while sitting on my sofa. Useful but not what I’m looking for from my broadband provider.....Anyway remember what the engineer said, as you can guess that never happened so began my journey of self-discovery at the hands of virgin media.

In fact I heard nothing so I called the "help" desk and someone said they will call me back, couple of days past and I get a text followed by someone calling me back to say that another person will call me, they will be an area manager to arrange a time to get it fixed. I was also told that they have to get these issues of damaged property fixed within a week.........Things are progressing, I’m feeling confident at this stage, like an England football player walking from the halfway line during penalties. But as we all know things don’t always turn out the way you expect.

So another couple of days past an I get call from the area manager who says they will organise an engineer to come and fix the issue....And like a teenage romance that was it, I was then ghosted, I never got another call. Over the last month I have entered the 7 steps of grieving...the issue is I’m stuck at 3....pure anger. But fear not there is the "help" line and I’m sure I can explaining the situation and this will all get cleared up. You know when you’re at a party and someone who has had one to many drinks just talks at you, not to you, at you like you are a fking dictaphone and they are recording their memoirs, then repeats it again, and again and again. This was now what was happening, none of customer support staff understood a word I was saying. At this point I’m thinking of my poor parents and the fortune they spent on my education, only for me, a mid-thirties man not to be able to speak the queens....but then how have I made it so far in life? Maybe I have past stage 3 on grieving and I’m at reflection? Nope still fking angry!

I call again, one or two of the "helpful" call operators (who may or may not be based in the UK....) said that I can’t call the resolutions team directly only they can call you.....so there is no way I can contact them. My retort was then "so is it pointless calling this number"....yes sir. By now I am almost grudging showing the resolution team some respect, they have an army of collateral damage standing in front of them, completely unaware that they are cannon fodder to anyone who as an actual issue.....well played resolution team, well played but my respect does not diminish the fact that I’m still fking angry!

The resolutions team is wily...I need a new approach...say I'm leaving that always gets a response and an escalation. Surely I will speak to someone who can string a sentence together that doesn't consist of slurring words so all I can hear is an extensive mumble of 30 syllables! You would think that I should have a better ear as I have been taking a night course in this exact form of speech, it is being run by my 18month old son. However he tells me I’m rubbish and my prospects of passing don’t look good, therefore I should go back to speaking English. Sound advice, so I follow it. Anyway I digress, so I'm leaving! But to my horror I'm told I can’t leave, why I ask? "because we need to fix you’re wall before you leave" I FKING KNOW....now I know how John Cleese felt about his parrot!

A new day rises much like the last but I’m feeling lucky (for absolutely no reason) I think I will call virgin again....I get through after about 30mins...I go through explaining the situation making sure the operator understands by using the term "do you understand" after every sentence, things are progressing nicely, I have some hope but then it's the hope that kills you like having Australia 80-5 on the first day of the Ashes before Steve Smith walks out to bat. After about 1hr on the phone the operator says calmly "Ok Mr ******* I will send out an engineer to fix this for you and you will see the charge on your next bill." If anyone has read this far, well done and I feel a little sorry for you that your day is so **bleep** that you have read this. But as you might guess I am not someone who is lost for words....but I had no retort. So much so I just said in a John McEnroe way "you can’t be serious" to which the operator said yes we will charge you. And then it was like the person's neural connections got block by intelligence from Team America, World Police because they repeated those exact words to me over and over and over again, until I said you realise my broadband works right? it’s the hole in my fking wall that is the issue. Silence......."you will be charged for...." I hung up, I couldn’t take it and I didn’t want to use the poor person as a virtual punchbag for the torrent of abuse I had loaded for them, no that would be release on an innocent Londoner who will brush pass me on tube as I make my way home to my holy-wall......

And so it seems the resolutions team may win this one…but as Voltaire says, are there really any winners in such a cluster-fk as this?

There is nothing else to say about how bad virgin media are. I want to hate Richard B. and his smug smile but you have to respect his business record plus one of my brothers went to school with one of his son's and said he wasn’t a bad guy thus ergo the silver fox probably is a good guy. Still, I bet he doesn’t have a hole in his wall!?

A

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Resolutions team, where are they?

Hi Arobinson881

Welcome to our community. Reading through your post it seems you have had quite a struggle to get these issues with the hole in your wall resolved.

This is not the customer experience we want anyone to receive. I will need to get this addressed for you straight away so I will pop you over a private message. Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Many thanks Jodi.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@arobinson881 wrote:

There is nothing else to say about how bad virgin media are. I want to hate Richard B. and his smug smile but you have to respect his business record plus one of my brothers went to school with one of his son's and said he wasn’t a bad guy thus ergo the silver fox probably is a good guy. Still, I bet he doesn’t have a hole in his wall!?

Richard Branson has nothing to do with VM - they are owned by US giant Liberty Global - and they just lease the name.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
arobinson881
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Volta, thanks for the really useful feedback. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@arobinson881 wrote:

Volta, thanks for the really useful feedback. 

Just making sure the facts are correct whilst VM person Jodi addresses your issue  Smiley Happy

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos