Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Resetting Hub 3.0 password

Hi, despite three attempts I can’t get the Hub 3.0 to reset so that I can check the speed of the wifi via the virgin media app. I don’t actually remember changing the log in password from that shown on the sticker, but even though I’ve followed the instruction given on this site ‘ step by step’, I can’t login to the Hub.  Would you be able to help?

Also, my Norton antivirus programme is telling me that my internet security is low, is that related to this problem?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Resetting Hub 3.0 password

Use speedtest.net or fast.com to test speeds. You don’t need to use the VM app. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. But the real problem is not checking the speed now, it's the issue with the Hub and if I need a replacement....
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

What issue?

If you mean the password just do a 60 second pinhole reset. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

That's exactly what I've done by following the step by step guide, but after resetting, it's still saying my password is incorrect when scanning through the VM app
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Don’t use the app. It’s really not needed for anything. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi beckyhei, 

Thanks for posting to the Community and apologies for any delays. 

Are you able to confirm that you are able to access the app before running the scans or is the problem with the password/ details when attempting to login?

The reason i ask is that once the equipment has been reset via the pin hole, it should revert back to the default password on the sticker.  This should also mean all WiFi devices would need to be reconnected. 

If you could please let us know where you are up to with this, we will be happy to help. 

Thanks 

Nat
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to reset the password of the Hub itself (not the wifi password, but the password at the bottom of the sticker in small prints) but failed. I do not recall ever changing the password, and my Norton keeps popping messages to say that my internet connection is of low security, which worries me.

Hope you can help, thanks.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@beckyhei wrote:
Thanks for the reply.

I am trying to reset the password of the Hub itself (not the wifi password, but the password at the bottom of the sticker in small prints) but failed. I do not recall ever changing the password, and my Norton keeps popping messages to say that my internet connection is of low security, which worries me.

Hope you can help, thanks.

It will ask you to change it when you login for the first time. 
Ignore what Norton is telling you. 

0 Kudos