Menu
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Reseting superhub 3 every 6 month

Hi 

I was advised by one of virgins broadband tech guys to do a pin hole reset on the back of my superhub 3 every 6 month. Is a pin hole reset necessary 🤔 he said something about lost pings /packets. Always thought a 60 second reboot on the  back of my superhub 3 once a month was good enough 🤔. I'm asking as I've had to re-sync my virgin media provided boosters. Because of connection problems 🙁. I really don't want to have to resync them again. As it took ages to re-sync them 🙁

J.H
0 Kudos
Tudor
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Reseting superhub 3 every 6 month

Totally unnecessary, I have had my Hub3 since trial days and have never reset it, still going fine.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That's good to know 😊

I will just stick to re-booting virgins equipment once a month then. To keep the services running properly 😁

J.H
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Tudor wrote:

Totally unnecessary, I have had my Hub3 since trial days and have never reset it, still going fine.

Ditto, still on the same white Hub, albeit in Modem mode.  In fact it's usually only rebooted by VM when they upgrade the firmware 😉