Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Require ONU Plug

Liam117
Joining in

IMG_0967.jpeg

Hi, 

I’ve recently joined Virgin, the router was sent out but after a few hours of troubleshooting and a couple of calls I noted that the issue was a lack of plug - presumably removed by the prior tenant (image attached pulled from another post.) 

I called the support team to advise of the issue and they stated they would send out another power supply, from the forum posts however it appears that this is something that would be completed by an engineer? 

I just wanted to confirm prior to the ~10 day wait quoted for the plug that I am being sent the correct item. I work from home and this is going to be rather problematic if not resolved soon. 

Any help/assistance would be highly appreciated. 

Kind Regards, 

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Past topics about this reported that VM can't send out this particular item and you need a tech visit to fit one.

In one past topic, the poor customer was messed about for around two weeks on here IIRC (even after posting a photo of the required item in their first post) before it was eventually concluded they could not send the power supply out and a tech visit was required.

Client62
Legend

Call the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734.
Explain you have missing parts and book an engineer visit.

The engineers serving RFoG areas like yours and mine have these ONT PSUs on the van.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Liam117, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry to hear about this - not the ideal start at all. I agree - the wait time which has been provided isn't something that anybody would welcome. I will send you over a private message so I can help with this. 

Cheers,

Ryan.