Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Requesting for equipment collection

Hi All,

It's my earnest request to the moderator or the admins available here to help me get my equipment collected from the location where I have been somehow able to manage to retain the equipment.

Thanks in advance and my best regards.

For more details on from where it has to be done, please let me know if I can provide all these details here on this forum.

I am in big problematic situation. I travelled to my native country on vacation somewhere in early March and thereafter I got stuck and have not been able to make a return to UK due to the pandemic covid-19 situation, ban on international commercial flights, no network availability for my UK number in my native country location, no email help service from virginmedia, very poor response and confusions around the web chat service etc...

I had to leave the house where i was staying on rent and now someone else have occupied it, somehow got the equipment retained with one of the neighbours and till now, for some unknown reason, it has not been collected. The person who is retaining it also now does not seem to be continuing to stay in the same area now, wanted me to get it quickly picked up by the virginmedia, before they leave the UK. I have never met them, nor seen them so far, but they have assured that the device/equipment is with them. Spoke to the Virgin Media team on the webchat service and they mentioned that it can be collected and took the contact number of that neighbour and the address (obviously , just the door number differed, rest everything remained the same in the same apartment, same floor, opposite door) but later on after few weeks, i got an email that the package has been delivered whcih can be used for returnign the equipment. Looks like the package has not been found by that neighbour. and I am also not able to get this closed despite the equipment is all available for pickup (currently packaged in the same box in which I received it in the begining from virgin media with all the parts, accessories etc.)

Request the admin or the forum moderator to please get me the right help here in this regard - preferably the equipment return pick up so that I do not have to continue begging my neighbour whom I do not know and since they also have now refused to cooperate more after some day as they are telling they are also now planning to move out.

Thanks in advance, and my best regards here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Requesting for equipment collection

Hi c4shiv,

You can manually request another returns package from  here request-returns-pack 

You can have the packaging sent to any address, so if you have another neighbour, friend or family member that will help then you can request it to be sent there.

There are technicians in some areas picking up equipment. They normally send a text the day before. So it might be possible to have it picked up from your neighbours, however you need to supply that information on the form. Or hope that a member of Forum Staff can pick this up for you and gte the details via a private message

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have tried reaching out to the neighbour who have the equipment currently with him, unfortunately, we do not know anyone there including the current neighbour who have kept it with them.

If we can get a quick attention from the member of forum staff who can help me here in this given situation, that would be really great.would wait for some one among them to PM me for more details.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi again c4shiv,

It might take Staff 24 - 48 hours for them to notice this and help.

Either click on the options box in the top right corner  of your original post and click on subscribe so you can get an email when someone gets back to you

OR, just reply to my post and click the box at the bottom, " Email me when someone replies"

Doing that will save you having to spend too much time checking back.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello C4shiv,

Thanks for using the forums to get this difficult situation looked into with your equipment returns. I am sorry that this year has not helped you with this situation and I can absolutely understand why you're so worried and frustrated.

Because there is no other way for you to get this resolved I will PM you now to chat about what we can do for you.

Thanks, speak soon.

Megan_L 

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello C4shiv, 

Good news 🙂 we have now marked your equipment as returned on the system, so you should no longer get any further charges. You can also now ask your neighbour to recycle the equipment. 

Thanks for your patience with this, you can rest easy now.

Kindest regards,

Megan_L

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Megan_L,

Can I get this confirmed on my registered email (available on my virginmedia account) please? so that there is no confusion and gap in understanding at both the ends.

I recently on Mon, Aug 3, 9:23 PM IST (+5:30 GMT), got an email with the subject "Please return Virgin Media's kit to avoid a charge".

I do not want to get into any trouble later once we ask the neighbour to recycle the equipment.

Hope you understand this.

Regards,

c4shiv

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi C4shiv,

Thanks for coming back to me to explain this, I will send an email now using the one we have on file.

I would disregard any further emails/letters/texts that you get about this issue now as they may take a little time to stop the systematic notifications because of a cross over. However please rest assured your account is now showing the equipment as returned.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks a lot to you Megan_L, I can assure others also that this forum is of great help and it should flourish forever. Such a dedicated team.

With my best regards,
c4shiv