Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Repositioning External Brown Box

I have a wooden exterior porch on the front of my house, that is due to be pulled down (before it falls down!). It's not going to be replaced, as I'm getting a nice double glazed front door instead.

Only problem is the Virgin Media brown box is attached to it. The cables come up from the ground into the brown box, then run around the side of my house to where the termination point for my router is (I just have broadband, no TV or landline).

Has anyone had their brown box re-positioned before? I'm guessing it's a phone call job to Virgin to arrange an engineer to come out and reposition it, and I suspect they'll be a charge for it as well.

I'll try them later (though wary about all the warnings about trying to get through on the phones if not urgent, plus the waiting times), but if anyone else has had a similar experience?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repositioning External Brown Box

It’ll likely be a standard £99 call-out charge. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repositioning External Brown Box

Hi all,

In case anyone has the same issue, I contacted Virgin Media via the Livechat, and they have arranged an engineer visit, who will reposition the brown box. There is also no charge for this service. All sorted very straight forward!

To confirm:

• This is the brown box on the outside of my property, where the cables come out from the ground/cab into it.
  • It's not for where the cables then exit the brown box and go into your house (to where your TV/router is likely based). If you do need that termination point re-positioned into another room, then that may have a charge (I never asked)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos