Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Replacing my Superhub 2ac

I've had my Superhub 2ac for about 6 years now. When we moved house last year, the engineer suggested it could probably do with being updated to a newer model. We are starting to see more and more problems with reliability with our Superhub 2ac and would like it to be upgraded if possible.

I tried using the free upgrade page here: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/hub-swap?buspart=uk_app_connect2_hubswap

However I got a "Oops something went wrong message"

Is there somebody on the forum who can help with this? Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacing my Superhub 2ac

Are you actually having issues with the SH2? If so what are they? You could always call it in as a fault and they will simply swap it for you. If the problems are just on wif (are they) you could do as I have done and still use the SH2 in modem mode with your own fit for purpose wirleess equipment.

Re oops.....

---------------------
Getting “oopsed” usually means you are on an old package that the computer cant recognise so they want to speak to you about it. When you call it in it's a coin toss whether the agent knows about the scheme. If they do they will just say "ok we will send one out" (there may be a delivery charge) - or - they say "oh no, that's an upgrade there will be a charge and it starts a new contract". Neither of those statements in correct - so just say no thanks and leave the call.

After that you could try texting on 07533 051809 - include account name/number and what the issue is and see what they say – replies may take a bit longer

Finally a VM person should pick this up here and sort the swap for you, but it can take several days.
_____________-

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. When I moved house I spent at least 3-4 hours being transferred and hung up on by the VM call centre staff and was only able to get an engineer out and my faulty cable replaced by posting here, so I'm keen to avoid the phone lines hence posting here rather than calling.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A VM person should respond within a week.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks jbrennand. That was my experience last time too. I've always waited on the helpful folk on the Virgin forum (and usenet group in days gone by) rather than suffered the phone support when possible.

0 Kudos