Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Replacing Hub 3 with Hub 4

I've been having issues with my wifi and my hub 3, ive finally been sent a replacement hub3 which has sorted out some of the issues with the virgin boosters.  I use to use a TP link booster, but now some of the devices closer to the router are dropping out.

I called and asked if I could have a replacement again with a Hub 4, but not too sure now I've seen all the issues on here.  Any advise ??

I have about 24 devices connected, smart plugs, security cams etc 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacing Hub 3 with Hub 4

Look on here at the posts about the Hub 4.

IMHO, stick with the Hub 3, put it in Modem Mode and connect a decent LAN side Router or Mesh System to it.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@naps wrote:

I've been having issues with my wifi and my hub 3, ive finally been sent a replacement hub3 which has sorted out some of the issues with the virgin boosters.  I use to use a TP link booster, but now some of the devices closer to the router are dropping out.

I called and asked if I could have a replacement again with a Hub 4, but not too sure now I've seen all the issues on here.  Any advise ??

I have about 24 devices connected, smart plugs, security cams etc 

The hub4 Wi-Fi is no better than the hub3. Worse in some cases. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply, I will try and stick it out with the hub 3

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@naps wrote:

Thanks for reply, I will try and stick it out with the hub 3

Honestly the best thing you can do is put the HUB 3 in modem mode and get your own third party router.

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, will look on here for assistance with which is the best one to get 

0 Kudos