Menu
Quofan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Replacement router

I have an old Super Hub which works but whenever I turn it off it is a nightmare to get switched on again. If it goes off due to a power cut it doesn't come back on automatically when power is restored. So, how do I go about ordering a replacement router?

I tried to phone Virgin this morning and also looked on their web site but there is nowhere to order replacement hardware. 

Hope someone can help!

Neil

0 Kudos
g0akc
Well-informed
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement router

Why are you turning it off?  How often do you get power cuts?

When it's working is it adequate for your needs?

Consider getting a 3rd party Wireless router and using the hub in modem mode .

Otherwise call VM again and persuade them that your hub is faulty - or wait here for a VM forum rep

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
0 Kudos
Quofan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

It's usually OK when it's working and doesn't get turned off that often, only when my teenage daughter says that the wifi is rubbish and a reboot normally sorts it. We do get quite a few power cuts here as we live out in the sticks. There is definitely something wrong with it as it used to come back on automatically when power was restored.

I'd thought about getting a 3rd party router and putting the hub into modem mode but it wouldn't resolve the problem as if we had a power cut the hub/modem would still need to be powered on manually (took me about 20 attempts to get it going yesterday after our electrician had to turn off the power to fit a new socket downstairs).

Neil

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hello Quofan

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to your Hub and getting it replaced, we appreciate you raising this via the forums and welcome to the community.

From looking at the level's there does appear to be some issues with the Hub and the levels, this will require a visit from a technician. I'm going to send you a Private Message to get some more details from you to look into this further.

Looking forward to your reply.

Rob

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for confirming the requested information Quofan, I have arranged for a technician to attend and look into the issue with the Hub. 

You can find details of the visit by logging into your online account or via the app If you have any issues please let me know and I'll be happy to help further.

Rob

0 Kudos
Quofan
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for all your help Rob, I've found the details of the visit. Much easier than trying to find the right option on the phone! 😁

Kind regards

Neil (Quofan)

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome Neil, we're sure the technician will have you back up and 'Rocking All Over the Internet' in no time!! If you need us in the future for 'Whatever You Want' just let us know here and keep us up to date with how the visit goes.

Apologies for the terrible Status Quo puns but I had to 🙂

Rob

lotharmat
Trouble shooter
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@Robert_P wrote:

You're welcome Neil, we're sure the technician will have you back up and 'Rocking All Over the Internet' in no time!! If you need us in the future for 'Whatever You Want' just let us know here and keep us up to date with how the visit goes.

Apologies for the terrible Status Quo puns but I had to 🙂

Rob

Dude.... 😉

------------------------------------------------------------------
Hub 3 - Modem Mode - TP-Link Archer C7

0 Kudos
Quofan
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

😂😂 🎸

0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry again for the puns, don't want to seem like I'm bribing you Quofan but if you keep me up to date with how the visit goes I'll keep the puns to a minimum lol

Rob