Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Replacement hub activation

I had an issue with my previous hub 3.0 in which I was sent out a new hub now I have recieved a new one there is no Internet at all does this need activating ? 

Can anyone help ? 

0 Kudos
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement hub activation

Hi Bigz21,

You need to call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

You could also try the following :- VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement hub activation

Hi there ,

I'm currently on hold to virgin to try and resolve this i done the service status online and it does say I have no broadband and keeps recycling to the same options.

I reckon virgin need to send a signal down the line in order for the new box to pick up the signal .

Thanks 

Steve 

0 Kudos