Menu
Lightingman2003
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Replacement V3 Hub

Hi, My father has VM 100/10 and is experiencing an issue with his V3 Hub. 

When he connects anything to Ethernet Port 1, all devices on the network, (regardless of if they are wired or wireless), loose internet connectivity. All the other ports work fine and happily work when devices are plugged in and out. 

We have tried the following to resolve this issue:

1. Reset VM Hub to factory settings (2 or 3 times)
  2. Plugged a known working device(s) from one of the other ports into Port 1 and back again. 
  3. Replaced the ethernet cables 3 or 4 times and have tested each cable with a network tester before hand. 
  4. When we go into Modem Mode, we get no internet at all through Port 1.

Effectively, we want to go into Modem Mode (as I want to run a USG), however, we are currently not able to because Port 1 does not work. AFAIK, ports 2,3 & 4 do not run when in Modem Mode. 

Please can one of the Community Mods contact me to arrange a replacement Hub to be sent out.  

Thanks

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement V3 Hub

Try it in modem mode with other ports - I think that it doesn't matter which port you use, but obviously in modem mode only one attached device will get an IP address.

Forum staff can sort out a replacement hub, but that may take a while as (I think) there's still logistics problems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Lightingman2003
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @Andruser, I will give this a go. 

I was always under the impression (and a post to this very forum a while back clearly states) that it is Port1 which is used. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/do-all-4-ports-work-on-superhub-3-in-modem-...

Thanks

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Lightingman2003 wrote:

Thanks @Andruser, I will give this a go. 

I was always under the impression (and a post to this very forum a while back clearly states) that it is Port1 which is used. 

<snip>

Historically I've always used the port nearest to the power switch, but there are threads on the Forums suggesting you can use any port in Modem mode.

0 Kudos