Menu
jatmosphere
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Replacement Hub

I received an email regarding the collection of an unused hub (Your Ref:683764) in October last year. The engineer arrived a few days later and I informed him that I hadn't yet installed the replacement hub. He then asked that I give him the new hub, as it hadn't been 'activated' for my line and assured me that another replacement hub would be sent to replace my the faulty equipment installed ASAP. FYI - The original issue was that the first hub had stopped working via Wi-Fi so only cabled lan connections would function. A huge inconvenience.

I foolishly agreed to allow the engineer to take the new equipment away and have since not had any replacement hub sent nor any response to emails requesting this be resolved.

How do I get in contact with Virgin to resolve this issue and get a new hub with working wifi sent out? None of the options in the usual customer services are are relevant to this issue.

Please help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Replacement Hub

If the wifi on the Hub is broken just call it in as a fault and when you get through they will check it remotely and then send a replacement. Call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate). Calling at 08.00 midweek (09.00 Sun) is the best time to get through quickly. Although some people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits.

Also if the Hub still provides a solid connection via ethernet cable connected devices (does it?) then you could put the Hub into modem mode and use your own wireless router (delivered tomorrow from Amazon 🙂 ). This is arguably the best set up anyway (and its what I and many others on here do).

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement Hub

Hi jatmosphere, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear about your recent experience. When the engineer came, if a new Hub was needed, he would of replaced it. 

Checking the account today, the Hub is showing online and all is looking good however I'm not able to check the WiFi side of things as the Hub is currently in modem mode. Have you plugged in your own router or are you still having issues with the WiFi connection?

Let us know. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos