cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacement Booster

tulipstreaky23
Joining in

Hi there, can someone tell me how I can request a replacement WIFI booster without having to call? 

My current WIFI booster keeps failing regularly throughout the day (solid red connection light appears). See photo. 

IMG_4547.jpeg

I’ve tried the various guides on resetting / pairing etc. but without any luck. 

This is the first time I’ve had an issue with it. I do wonder whether it’s overheating as the booster is extremely hot. 

Thanks in advance for the guidance. 

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Alessandro Volta

Turn the faulty / over heating booster off ASAP and retire.

Thermal events & wall socket damage with these old VM boosters is common and even more likely in this very hot weather.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As noted by @Client62 these old boosters are now retired and replaced by the modern WIFI Pods. If you wait here a couple of days a VM Mod will pick this up and arrange a swap. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there tulipstreaky23,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear that your booster is now faulty, as advised above these types of equipment are now retired and Pods are now in place.

Pods can be an additional charge of £8 a month however to investigate this further I've dropped you a PM.

The message will appear within the envelope icon.

Regards,

Kain