cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace broken ONU PSU

Paulanthonycook
Joining in

Builder has just broken my Yingjiao plug.  It seems to be called an ONU PSU. The white 3 pin plug with a green light and the coax cable screws into it.  I now have no virgin fibre or tv.  How can I quickly get a new one?

thnx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Assuming you mean this item ...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/ONU-power-supply/m-p/5213491

In past topics, this was not something VM could send out. A VM tech had to be sent to fit one.

You can wait here for a VM person to reply (usually within a few days) or you can phone it in as a fault. If you phone it in, probably best not to go into the detail of what is broken as it is unlikely to be on the script of the call handlers and may cause you some VM 'confusion'. Most likely it will be simplest to just report that you have no services.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Assuming you mean this item ...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/ONU-power-supply/m-p/5213491

In past topics, this was not something VM could send out. A VM tech had to be sent to fit one.

You can wait here for a VM person to reply (usually within a few days) or you can phone it in as a fault. If you phone it in, probably best not to go into the detail of what is broken as it is unlikely to be on the script of the call handlers and may cause you some VM 'confusion'. Most likely it will be simplest to just report that you have no services.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Paulanthonycook

Thanks for your post, welcome to the Community Forums!

I'm sorry to hear that your plug is broken. We'll be able to get this sorted for you through an engineer visit.

I've popped you over a private message so I can take your details and help you further.

Thanks 😊

Beth

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI Paul,

Thanks for providing the requested details via PM.

I've gone ahead and booked an engineer visit for you, to view or change the appointment time, you can manage your booking here.

I also just need to make you aware, that there may be a £25 charge for the appointment if:

The customer is not present for the technician visit (aka a missed appointment).
   The fault is due to customer's own equipment.
  The fault is due to damage caused by someone at the customer's premises which we were not aware of.
  The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

I appreciate this damage was caused by a third party, so if you do happen to receive a charge, this may be something you'd need to discuss with them.

Let us know if you need anything else and how the visit goes.

Thanks!

Beth