Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Replace Hub 3 With 2ac

Hi guys, seems a bizarre one. Got a Hub 3 since install, but have seen it perform very poorly with in person experience and with other users. So was able to find a Superhub 2ac, hocked it all up and left it for about a hour and no Internet connection. All lights were blue and lit up, wireless and ethernet no connection. Tried it at another property and worked fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replace Hub 3 With 2ac

You can’t.

Whats the issue with the Hub3?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Restarts every other day, but the outage period is like 35 minutes sometimes. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Restarts or loses connection?

What do the lights on the hub do?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Just full on reboots, sometimes it reconnects straight away and sometimes you have to reboot it again for it to reconnect. I have seen posts online about the poor performance 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The the SH2 is only useful as a door stop. All hubs are registered to your account, one at a time and VM will not register a) a downgrade hub and b) one that it has not supplied.

As to your problems, could possibly be a circuit fault. Please go into your hub on 192.168.0.1 and post your up/downstream stats and network log. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That would explain the issue, turns out after speaking with virgin I should have a 6db attenuator on the end of my docsis cable which I currently don't have 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Can you post the stats that Tudor requested?

0 Kudos