cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeated drop outs

holty88
Dialled in

Good afternoon,

We've been with Virgin since late March. Over the last month, we keep losing signal on various devices. I've checked the service status and rebooted the router and devices multiple times but the issue keeps happening.

I've set up a BQM as I saw that's what others on the forum, were doing. Here's a snapshot of today:

Is there anything I can do to improve this? Also am I more likely to get a reply on this forum than calling the general customer services line?

Thanks.

Mark

78 REPLIES 78

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Holty88, 

Thank you for your reply.

I have found your account and can see you require a tech. I will pop you over a PM and I can take it from there.

Zoie

Good morning,

Could you please explain what exactly our problem is and why we need a tech visit? No one so far over chat, on the phone or on here has actually been able to tell us what our issue is. I'm tired of being fobbed off with generic reset, unplug cables, tech visits, etc.

We had an engineer out on Wednesdays 20th October who could see nothing wrong inside or outside our property but replaced our router anyway. The issue is still happening, daily, over a week later. I would like to know what the actual issue is that you can see and what exactly a tech visit will sort because no one at Virgin can see an issue and even an engineer couldn't see anything or fix anything.

I can see from this forum I'm not the only one with this issue. Surely if more than one person is having the same issue Virgin must know exactly what it is and how to correct it?

Our BQMs for this week are below which should show our continued frustration.

holty88_0-1635673831760.png

holty88_1-1635673845548.png

holty88_2-1635673856395.png

holty88_3-1635673867594.png

Hey holty88,

Thank you for reaching back out to us via our community, sorry to hear you are still facing connection issues with repeated dropouts, I have been able to locate your account with the details we have for you and can see you have spoken to us, what was advise?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

When you say we've spoken to "you"? Do you mean yourselves on the forum, people on chat or people on the phone in customer services? Would the advice given by any of those teams not be noted on our account? Especially given the number of times we've had to contact Virgin about this same issue.

Here's Sunday and Monday's fun and games:

holty88_0-1635858280774.png

holty88_1-1635858291260.png

Thanks,

Mark

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @holty88,

I can see you was offered a tech but you denied the request and left the chat, do you not want a tech to come and check your connection?

Please let me know.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley,

I'm not refusing a tech visit, however we've had at least 4 in the last three months and things still aren't sorted. One came two weeks ago and couldn't see anything wrong and things haven't improved.

I simply don't understand why just sending another one out will magically resolve our issues. Could you or someone at Virgin, please explain what exactly our problem is and why we need a tech visit?

Thanks.

Mark

Hi Mark.

Thanks for coming back to me. 

I can see we're sending you a new router. Please let us know how this goes and if it solves things.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Good afternoon Virgin and anyone else following my thread,

After multiple contacts with Virgin, via all the available methods and complaining about the dropouts on wired and wireless we were getting we were sent a hub 4. In the days leading up to us receiving it, everything miraculously started getting better and we stopped getting these dropouts. No engineer visit, no change in router position, no change in settings or equipment at our end. These were the last few days BQM from our hub 3:

holty88_0-1636993884161.png

holty88_1-1636993924580.png

holty88_2-1636993942694.png

We were skeptical about setting up the hub 4 because everything was going so smoothly but we had to on Friday 12th as service to our hub 3 was cut off automatically. We've had absolutely no issues with the hub 4 so far, so fingers crossed this continues. Here's our BQMs since Friday:

holty88_3-1636994150371.png

holty88_4-1636994157475.png

holty88_5-1636994168935.png

holty88_6-1636994176108.png

Overall, I'm still confused by what the problem was and what actually sorted it. Whilst very happy we have a shiny new router and are not suffering drop outs, we will be running a mile when this contract ends. When everything is working, it's great but as soon as there is an issue, especially a technical one Virgin fall well short of the mark.

To anyone suffering the same or similar issue to us, I wish you all the best and good luck getting it sorted!

Thanks.

Mark

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Mark, apologies for the frustration caused by all of this but thanks for keeping the thread updated - I'm glad that things improved in the end. Possibly there was a wider network issue which took the teams longer than usual to identify & fix - however I appreciate this will have been far from ideal for you while ongoing.

If you encounter any more problems or there's anything else we may be able to help with please don't hesitate to give us another shout.

Tom