Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Repeated Intermittent Drops to one device

Hi,

Signal strength and bandwidth is fantastic across all devices and my wifi is great!

However every few hours the wifi completely drops, just from my desktop PC, regardless of what I'm doing (Video streaming, gaming, sat staring at the desktop) and doesn't return for 15-60s, during that time I can't connect to the wifi and extender with a "cannot connect to network" message and 0bars signal in the connect to a network tab.

Other devices such as my phone and laptop within a few inches of the PC are fine and work well during the outage.

I've changed a bunch of options within windows and even installed a new network card but the problem persists, I'm stumped!

I set up the monitor I saw in many posts here yesterday: 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/91be3f7f1843b4328caa91a41c25a76247acd0a3-13-11-2020

This occured on the 13/11/2020 at 1932 and around 2030. Which is odd since it doesnt line up with spikes!

Also yesterday (12/11/2020): 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/f3f630f7449c7bc75435aa9552886493a0...

At 2122.

If anyone has ideas I'd be super grateful as I'm stuck at home for leisure hours with the lockdown like everyone else!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repeated Intermittent Drops to one device

Your BQM shows no signs of any drops or disconnections.

Do wired connections continue to work?

Do the lights on the hub change?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repeated Intermittent Drops to one device

So this comes with some extra challenges, I rent and the router is inaccessible (landlords words, so probably next door).

I can't tell and am not able to wire a connection in. However all other wireless devices are unaffected.

0 Kudos