cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repairing my Cable Line to my Home

Mr-Dice
On our wavelength

So a technician  came and connected  me to a neighbours  box . The technician  said my line is faulty  and it would need work on it at a later date and maybe replace my whole line .  When will Virgin Media repair  my line to my home ?   .  I can't  stay connected  to my neighbours  forever.  We get on great as neighbours but if we ever fall out  he'll  have an upper hand by disconnecting my cable . I don't  like that thought .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for getting back to me @Mr-Dice 

The technician would've sent this off for further work to be done to fix the line and remove you from piggybacking off your neighbours. 

They mentioned 3 weeks for the work, once this has been arranged and permitted at our side, you should be able to see a more specific time/date for an appointment scheduled for you on your online account here

I'll also email the field team to advise them you have come through the community for an update, but as this has only been raised on 22nd June, there might not be anything to update you further with until later on, as the tech advised it could take up to 3 weeks. 

Please do keep us updated if you start to experience further/worsening service concerns and I will most certainly pass this on to the team. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Based on previous cases, this will be left as it is unless you make a great deal of fuss. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Mr-Dice
On our wavelength

I hope that's  not the case .  That's  just lazy . But I have a few   ideas   .

Hi @Mr-Dice 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your concerns with the external cabling attached to your neighbours line. 

Do you have any service issues at all since the technician made these changes to try help?

How long ago was it that the technician mentioned that additional work was needed and did they provide you a timeframe for this work?

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Mr-Dice
On our wavelength

Hi 

The technician  came on 22nd June Thursday  at 11am . After a few checks he found there's  a problem  with the signal  coming  through the external  line to my home .  He said the problem would just keep happening until it's  properly  fixed and replaced which would take up to 3 weeks for someone to come and do it. So he connected  me to the neighbours external  line and box  . There's  definitely an improvement being connected  from the internal cable inside  my home  to my neighbours  box and main line close by outside . I certainty don't have as many dropouts as I would though  my main line cable outside. But i do  still get the odd dropout  on  some days in the afternoon  but it comes back on after 5 minutes . I sometimes had dropouts at almost the exact  time of around  02:10 am and on another  morning at 0:20am roughly  . But again after 5 minutes  its fine.    But I don't  like the idea of being  connected  to my neighbours  .  I also did a test on my neighbours line through  your app . And it  does say there's  a signal  problem  .  This is an obvious external  problem . So when will someone  come down and  fix my line specifically ? 

Thank you 

Thank you .

Thanks for getting back to me @Mr-Dice 

The technician would've sent this off for further work to be done to fix the line and remove you from piggybacking off your neighbours. 

They mentioned 3 weeks for the work, once this has been arranged and permitted at our side, you should be able to see a more specific time/date for an appointment scheduled for you on your online account here

I'll also email the field team to advise them you have come through the community for an update, but as this has only been raised on 22nd June, there might not be anything to update you further with until later on, as the tech advised it could take up to 3 weeks. 

Please do keep us updated if you start to experience further/worsening service concerns and I will most certainly pass this on to the team. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Mr-Dice
On our wavelength

Hi .

Thats great thanks  . My neighbour  wasn't  in at the time the technician connected  me to theirs.  So i was put in a kind of awkward position  having  to tell him when he got back as a cable crosses from my property to his .  I did also tell my neighbour what the technician said on that day of around  3 weeks .  Thank you for looking into this it's  very much appreciated.  

Thanks .

You're welcome @Mr-Dice 

Once we have any update for you, we'll come back directly to you here to let you know. 

If you also hear anything at your side or if you have any further concerns, we'll be here to support if needed. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Hi @Mr-Dice 

Hope you're all well. 

I have had a response from the field team regarding your own line being fixed. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Mr-Dice
On our wavelength

Hi

Reply sent  private chat .

Thank you