forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Lauraknowles
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Reoccurring daily wifi issues

I am having nothing but problems with loss of connection. Today, 4 hours without WiFi until after midday. Other days sporadic but noticeable. Insanely frustrating. Can’t get through to anyone either, phone line says we are busy, try again later, goodbye!!! Shocking. 
I want to discuss issues and possible cancellation but can’t contact anyone to do so. Anyone got a number they’ve had success getting through on? Thanks 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reoccurring daily wifi issues

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) follow options 1,1,4,4, for thinking of leaving" - they will pick it up quickly but calling at 08.00 gives the best chance of getting through easily

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Lauraknowles
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Yep, done all of that, tried calling all day long, cannot get anywhere. Posted a message to my local Facebook group and about 20 of us have this issue up to now. It’s back on now but is intermittent and with constant problems all of the time, week on week. We cannot get in touch with anyone for assistance! 

Thank you for replying though 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in providing the data for VM to see in discussions - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Lauraknowles
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That’s great. You’re more helpful that virgin themselves! 

0 Kudos