Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Removing devices from HuB 3.0

Hi I just got hub 3.0, and I want to remove a device from the connected devices . There is no option to remove but to pause device connection on the app. I want to remove this info from the hub. Please advice 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Removing devices from HuB 3.0

Disconnect it from the WiFi then

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi I want it to be connected ( it’s connected to Ethernet) but I dnt want this to appear on the list of devices. Is virgin media keeping a track of how many and which devices user are connecting to? 

regards

sanj 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

No it’s the hub keeping track of connected devices so you can see who’s connected to your home network.

Whats the issue with it showing on there?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

No issue as such but I am thinking it’s a privacy thing ,virgin media is keeping track of what and how many devices are being connected to . So I wanted not to share this info with them. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

That’s not what they’re doing at all...

You only have a reason to worry if you have something to hide anyway 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Does VM support IPtV  service ? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried?

Are you basically saying you’re streaming illegal TV services?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

by iptv I meant if I am putting Amazon fire stick on back of my tv, chrome cast stick. it’s listing all that along with other device like phones and tablet in the households . 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Yes because it has to! The Hub is a router/switch combination and it needs to know the MAC address and IP address of every device you have attached because otherwise how could it send data to and from it? If somehow you could 'remove the device from the Hub' it would drop off the network and no longer be usable. All the screen is showing is a list of what devices the Hub knows about and is currently talking to.

0 Kudos