cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of Virgin Optical Cable

Sayhan
Tuning in

I'm hoping that someone from the Virgin team can assist.

I've moved into a new home a few months ago and there's a disused virgin cable strewn across the drive.

I was hoping that someone from the Virgin Team could kindly come and remove it?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Sayhan, thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Please post a picture of this cable and we can assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
post a photo

a VM person will respond in a day or two and sort something out for you

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Just remove it yourself. It will be quicker and easier than waiting for virgin to do it.

I did think about it, but thought it better to wait for someone from Virgin, on the off chance that there's more than just an optical cable in there.

A photo will help, but its most likely just a coax cable. As you are not a customer virgin will drag their heels on it, unless it poses a H&S risk. Even then, they dont really care. 

I'll post a pic tomorrow.

Thanks all 🙂

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You can just remove it yourself but give VM a reasonable time to do it for you first. They will terminate all the cables correctly to ensure that your neighbouring customers do not get their connections disrupted or affected.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hello Sayhan, thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Please post a picture of this cable and we can assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Sayhan
Tuning in

20220809_112303-01.jpeg

Uploaded, thanks John