cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of Virgin Media cabel

sadlerk
Joining in

Hi, 

My tenants had Virgin Media installed without my permission.

Unfortunately the engineer has drilled through the wall of the listed building which would require planning - although this would not be granted.  (NOTE : anll other installs in other flats have the cable drilled through the wooden window cil - not ideal, but allowed).

How do I arrange for this install removed ? 

Many thanks 

Kirsten

4 REPLIES 4

Client62
Legend

A listed property VM had no business to proceed with out authorization.
Go ahead and remove the cables / connection boxes
Who do you fancy to bill for the make good of the damage the resident and / of VM !

Omadawn
Up to speed

But would the VM installer have reasonably known that the property was listed and drilling through the walls was a no-no - in fact would the tenants have been aware if this?

Even if all the cables and boxes were to be removed, there is still, presumably, a hole drilled through the wall of a listed building, which would need to be made good in a proper way.

Personally, if I were the OP, I’d be seeking proper legal advice, as this potentially could get very, very messy.

Client62
Legend

Ignorance and failure to check are no defence in respect of property law.

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @sadlerk 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with an install and thank you to our community members for their help so far. 

I'd be more than happy to look into this further with you via a PM. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the envelope at the top of your screen alerting you to a new message.