Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Remedy Number

Hi, I've been given a Remedy Number. 

Is there somewhere I can search for the status of the issue and look for updates?

Thanks, Frank

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Remedy Number

What is a 'Remedy Number' ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's a fault code given to me by VM.

Starts with an F followed by 9 numbers. 

I was told to 'type the number into the website' for updates. Foolishly I didn't ask where!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi FrankK,

How are you services currently looking? 

If you were able to issue this to a member of our team we would be able to look this up for you.

All you need for our Service Status Checker would be your postcode, are you currently still experiencing issues?

I've been able to look into the local area and it doesn't appear that the outage is longer present

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If only David_Bn.

Throughout two weeks of intermittent service, the Service Status Checker reported 'no known issues'.  

Calling 150: instant message about the "current intermittent service". "We are trying our best to fix it."

How can the two services not join up?

Why do I have to wait on the phone line for 30 mins? Then I am given a remedy number and a fix date.

But there's no online way to get updates on the issue. So there is no way to plan for the three homeworkers who are reliant on the service. 

I have had to spend money on 4G devices as a back up. I pay VM over £1,600 per year. I think the service is back up fully, but I've no way of knowing for certain and no contact from VM.

Apart from being very angry about this, I am truly surprised that VM provides such a poor customer experience.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to see that our Service Status Checker was not updated FrankK and we're sorry of course for the inconvenience this caused you and your household. 

We do also provide updates on the My Virgin Media Application, which allows you to sign up for SMS messages to be issued to you with any updates, were you, or have you been able to utilise this service previously? 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Downloaded the My Virgin Media Application app. Could I find where to switch on SMS alerts, could I hell. 

I do get SMS from 07800 002204. During the recent episode, I did receive an SMS saying the issue was fixed. 150 confirmed that it wasn't, and I knew it wasn't as my broadband kept dropping out.

This stuff is so basic. Everyone accepts that complex (and amazing) tech goes wrong from time to time. Just communicate better; set realistic expectations; and beat them. Oh, and that will save VM money and improve customer retention.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for teh update FrankK and sorry to hear of the complications with the updates.

How are things today?

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emily

It's fine right now. But no communication about a refund for the period with no connectivity. 

There really is no sense of customer service here.  

Frank

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

compenstation for total lack of service (after 2 working days) is automatic and will be automatically applied to the next bill.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos