cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocating router into another room

sarjar
Joining in

Hi, when I moved house the router location for some reason is located within a small kitchen pantry at the opposite side of the house to the living room which hinders a lot of the signal strength. 

I was wondering if it would be possible for someone to come over and relocate it into the living room.

I've noticed there's an old TV/Internet connection point similar to Virgin's one in the living room however it is not virgin branded and does not work with the router.

Thanks in advance for any help.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is a routine job for VM and will cost £25.

Just call it in on 150 (VM Phone - free) or 0345 454 1111 (any other phone - national rate).

If you get cut off after an automated reboot cycle, just call back in a couple of minutes as the system should know that you have just been on and it hasn’t helped and put you in the queue.

A VM person will sort it for you here - but it can be a few days before they get here

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

sarjar
Joining in

Thanks for the reply, Jbrennand. I'll wait for a VM person to come to the thread. 🙂

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sarjar 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums.

As mentioned by jbrennand, relocation of your equipment will incur a one-time charge of £25 and this will be applied to your next bill after the Technician has visited.

I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into booking this for you - please look out for my message in the top-right, white envelope, or the "Messages" tab after tapping your profile picture.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi sarjar 👋

Thanks for your quick responses to my private messages. I'm glad we've been able to get an appointment booked for your equipment to be relocated. If you do need anything else, please feel free to open a new post and our team/community will be more than happy to help out.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ