cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relocating a WiFi Pod to another address

Callinder
Dialled in

I have two Virgin Media (VM) accounts. One for me and another for my children who are now all adults. I've decided not to use the Pod I was allocated and instead use it in the property my kids occupy. I've already got a Pod for that location but need another one for yet another WiFi dead spot; it's a 4 bedroom house. Is it possible to use the one I received, since it's a bit of a pain to get one from VM, or is it not possible as the MAC address has already been allocated to another account? BTW when I asked if VM wanted the Pod back I was told no.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Legend

VM Pods are paired to one Hub & become useless if that Hub is replaced.

I'd buy a retail Wireless Repeater, that way you can use it in any property and with any ISP's service.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Client62
Legend

VM Pods are paired to one Hub & become useless if that Hub is replaced.

I'd buy a retail Wireless Repeater, that way you can use it in any property and with any ISP's service.

I suspected as much so they can't be sold second-hand so thanks for the confirmation. Shame they can't be reset by VM then reinitialised attached to another router. Of course anyone who upgrades from the Hub 3/4 to the Hub 5 will have this problem as well and have to ditch any Pods they are using.