cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular packet loss

elbro001
Tuning in

Hi,

I'm experiencing regular packet loss with my broadband service - it's seems to have come about in the last few months.

my setup is;

superhub4 in modem only mode which is wired to a netgear orbi mesh. there's a few mesh satellites dotted about the house, and then an ethernet from the main router of the mesh, up to my home office where there's another satellite which then is cabled to my computer. (so i'm using a wired connection for my computer, but also have full wifi coverage)

The connection has always been fairly strong, and wifi signal is great, but lately i'm experiencing a lot of packet loss - it seems to be about every half hours, which is a killer when on a teams or zoom call. i can still hear everything in the call when this happens, but nobody can hear me. about a minute later i'm re-connected and service is great.

I've been trying to research what could be causing this issue but not having much joy. 

every time i try and do a service status checker from VM, the site says that there are no issues in my area, but then when i proceed to run a test on my broadband (Test your hub) I get a message saying "sorry we can't run a test on your services right now" message.

I've set up a BQM service to try and get some consistent monitoring which looks like the below;

My Broadband Ping - DAVE

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Dave

25 REPLIES 25

elbro001
Tuning in

Just to add - i've done anything with my network but packet loss seems to have dropped. 

here's a screen shot of now as the previous BQM is a live link. 

elbro001_0-1669818510994.png

I'll keep the monitor going on, but it's certainly looking better from about 2am this morning.

Hi elbro001, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am glad to see that things have improved, can you confirm how things are looking at the moment? 

Has this now been resolved?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi,

Everything is bang on now.

Not sure what's happened to improve but i'm not going to moan.

I've been struggling with the intermittency of it for about 2 months.

The BQM in my original post was a live link, so as you can see its now pretty much at 0% packet loss.

Thanks 

Dave

Thanks for the update @elbro001, and I'm pleased to hear everything has returned to normal.

Do please feel free to keep us updated with any further faults that you experience.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Not sure if there's any service issue in the area, but i started to receive some regular packet loss again. 
it started on thursday where some of my MS Teams calls were effected (I can hear/see other participants, but i freeze for them for a few minutes)

I've just took a snapshot of my broadband quality monitor and you can see the spikes.

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 13.34.21.png

Hi there @elbro001

Thank you for popping back to us and I'm so sorry to hear that you have faced some packet loss again! 

I've had a look and I can't see any issues that could be causing this, how have things been looking since your last post? 

Thanks again.

Hi,

I'm still getting service outage, it seems to be every half hour but some times it's worse than others. 

Lost internet for about 40 minutes at yesterday lunch time (everything went including TV so don't know if there's any work going on in my area)

elbro001_0-1673965101310.png

Since my first post (when i started this thread) the problem disappeared, so i assumed something was fixed remotely. It's only started to become a problem within the last week. but it's rather disrupting on teams calls.

I can confirm that there have been no changes in any hardware or configuration with regards to network.

Kind Regards,
Dave

Screenshot 2023-01-17 at 14.52.18.png

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the replies elbro001,

Many apologies for the issues faced, I can see from checking our system that you're currently having performance issues.

Are you still having 30 minute dropouts?

Regards,

Kain