cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular drop-outs continue after Engineer visit

Petercharlotte
Tuning in

Hi VM and Community.

I'm hoping someone here can help with my troubles. 

At the beginning of March I signed up to VM after moving into our first home. I qualified for a self instalation broardband kit and from day one I got regular dropouts. An engineer was scheduled and came to take a look on the 18th of March. He was fantastic and confirmed that after several tests that there was infact damage to the cable between my property and the box on my road.

He told me I should see a rectified service between 5 and 14 days. 24 days later and im still having problems. 

I have to be honest, I'm just really disappointed. Growing up at my parents property we had Virgin Media since they evolved from NTL and experienced a near flawless service, hence my choice of provider for our new home. But here, I'm signed up for the top connection and I'm not even getting one on a regular basis and have to resort to using my phone. 

Does this problem fundamentally lie with Virgin Media or is it more a British Telecom/Open Reach issue?

Any guidance or advice here would be a huge help, I just was to be online when I need it. 

Thanks everyone for your time, 

Kind Regards

Peter 

8 REPLIES 8

Petercharlotte
Tuning in

Does anyone have any suggestion on how I can follow up on this? Its been two days with no connection at all and its becoming challenging to run my business and scheduling another engineer just seems like id be wasting their time. 

Kind regards 

Peter 

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page http://www.virginmedia.com/servicechecker

VM will not dispatch any technicians when an area fault exists.

If no faults found:

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait a day or two for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Hi,

I understand your frustration. Im experiencing a very similar issue. 

Coming home from work, its litterally a roll of the dice as to whether I have a connection or not which is causing nightmares for my new startup.

Hope you have your problems resolved soon

Pete

Thanks for the information Tudor!

I'll wait here to see if someone from VM picks it up 

Thanks 

Peter

Hi, 

Sorry you having issues. Sounds exactly the same as mine. 

I signed up to VM 6weeks and 4 days ago and somehow they expect me to pay £159 for a broardband service that I'm not even getting. 

Absolute joke.

They really need to sort it out.

Best of luck with you. 

Pete 

Hi, 

I'm really lost as to what to do now. I signed up to VM at the very beginning of March. 6 weeks and 4 days ago.

And from day one I've had problems. The hub fades white in and out and all devices say disconnected or connected without Internet. I contacted VM and a technician confirmed that it was a line fault between my house and a box and would be resolved between 5 and 14 days. Its now been 29 days and its still broken.

On the 22 of April im expected to pay £159 for a service I've not received. 

Apart from now seeking legal advice what can I do about this?

I'm in the early stages of a business start-up that relys on a cloud based service and I cant even get online. Frustration is an understatement.

Any help or advice would be fantastic.

Kind regards

Peter

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Petercharlotte wrote:

<snip>   Does this problem fundamentally lie with Virgin Media or is it more a British Telecom/Open Reach issue?

Just to add VM do not use any Openreach or other ISP equipment, so the cable fault will be with VM only.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Petercharlotte, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

I am sorry to hear that you're having frequent drop outs still.  I would love to help you get this resolved.  I am going to send you a private message to confirm some details.

Regards

Lee_R