cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular disconnections after Superhub 4 fireware update

umahmood
Joining in

Hi,

My broadband's suddenly started disconnecting around every 30 minutes or so since my Superhub 4's fireware was updated over 2 weeks ago, the same update which changed the modem mode light to a solid green.

The Superhub 4 is configured in Modem Mode, connected to a TP-Link Router. My desktop computer is connected to the router via ethernet and all other devices are connected via WiFi. The disconnections are experienced through both connections.

I've found that restarting both the router and Superhub 4 together will help avoid the disconnections happening as frequently for a short time, but within half a day it starts happening frequently again.

I don't really have any technical knowledge, so I'm unsure how to read any of the data provided by the router, but hopefully someone can help.

Set up a BQM, but won't be much to look at yet: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/f319743b4f34453e0009463b7cecfd6bce...

15 REPLIES 15

legacy1
Alessandro Volta

Your BQM shows clipping not sure if that the result of the firmware or not you could test in router mode so the BQM goes to the hub not that I see you should have too if its a bigger problem when traffic goes over the Ethernet for BQM with hub in modem mode.

---------------------------------------------------------------

umahmood
Joining in

Update: after posting this it seemed like something was changed remotely by Virgin Media to resolve the issue temporarily, but the issue has returned and is now much worse.

I am now disconnecting multiple times every hour and this is pretty routine. At first it was every hour at around 7 minutes past the hour, then every 33 minutes past the hour and now it's multiple times every hour on a cycle. It's pretty unusable.

Every time I go to Virgin Media's service status check, it says there are no issues in my area.

umahmood_1-1684088128127.png

But after testing my hub, it displays this message instead. I'm still not aware on anything being done to fix this and no updates are provided either.

umahmood_0-1684088064189.png

The BQM is now looking like this too.

umahmood_2-1684088185666.png

umahmood
Joining in

Another update, it's gotten much worse with the disconnects every hour and can be seen on the BQM too.. I'm unable to book an engineer either since it says you need to do this via the self service tool but the self service does not allow me to do this. It's becoming incredibly frustrating and making it impossible to work from home. Ready to cancel after all these ongoing problems because we're paying for nothing at this point.

Screenshot_20230514-222307.png

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @umahmood 

Thanks for your response and sorry to hear the issue is still ongoing.

I'm going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and have a further look into this for you, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

umahmood
Joining in

It seems like someone from Virgin Media saw my update and took some action to improve the connection, but it's almost immediately gotten worse yet again and I'm disconnecting every hour again.

Incredibly frustrating with nothing being done to fix the root cause of the problem.

umahmood
Joining in

Still disconnecting every hour with nothing done to help. Guess I'll be cancelling my service for another who will actually provide me with working broadband. Thanks Virgin Media!

umahmood_0-1684547782317.png

"These connection issues are usually fixed quickly." It's been months and nothing has been done..