Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Regular WiFi dropouts during video conferencing - Macbook Pro LS6

Hello

I have M200 and while working from home during the outbreak, have suffered 3-5 dropout every 30 minutes in video conference calls (across Hangouts, Zoom and Teams). I can usually rectifiy it by manually disconnecting and reconnecting to the WiFi on my MacBook Pro running Catalina v10.15, however it is proving very difficult and embarrassing during pitches and client calls.

I'm sat upstairs and my router is downstairs. What can I do to trouble shoot this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Regular WiFi dropouts during video conferencing - Macbook Pro LS6

Does it drop if you use an Ethernet cable?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I will give this a try, however I don't have a port upstairs where my office is and it's not practical to run conference calls from by the router.

Will use is as a test though and report back

EDIT: Actually my Mac doesn't have an ethernet port and neither does my dongle so can't try this unfortunately

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK - what happens when you sit downstairs where the hub is located and use wireless?

It sounds like a signal issue, which you would need to resolve yourself by way of a range extender, mesh system or better router

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos