cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register loss of broadband service

MetalMickey2023
Joining in

How on earth do you register the fact that you're having broadband issues?

When in my account, I select service status and it tells me - We can't see any issues affecting - my post code. 

Select - Still having issues - Test you hub - Looks like there are issues in your postcode affecting your services.

Conflicting information?

So I rang Virgin Media to report the issue, and after selecting a million and one different options, I was told there was an issue in my are and engineers are working on it.

But given the already conflicted information, how do I know that? 

How do you actually speak to someone to register the fault and make sure they are aware of it? 

This is the third day without broadband. Both myself and my wife work from home and need working broadband. 

I only recently joined Virgin Media for the fast broadband! Can't say I'm overly impressed.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will know for certain by calling the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues and fix estimates, down to street cab/ postcode level.

If nothing is reported there, call it in as a fault - free on 150 (VM line)  or 0345 454 1111 others (national rate). See what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

If you phoned in and got an automated fault reporting message, that should be sufficient to register the fault AIUI. If VM acknowledges the fault then speaking to a person would make no difference to getting a fix as VM routinely cancels tech visits if an area fault is in place.

You will be eligible for some (small) compensation subject to the conditions below

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

Keep a note of all dates, times etc. of comm's with/info from VM to ensure you are paid the correct amount.