cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redhill Surrey RH1 - Broadband and TV loss, but only after approximately 8pm and overnight

jimmyjgb
Dialled in

Does anybody have any idea why my broadband and TV is failing after approximately 8pm and overnight for four nights in a row and has come back on every day at approximately 9am.

At face value, this is not a random occurrence and something must be shutting down at similar time each night. 

On 0800 561 0061 it says there is intermittent broadband and TV at my postcode, and it is a complex issue so is taking longer than usual.

I would, however if possible, like further information as to why it is taking so long to fix and more information about when it will be fixed. Link provided for information about this fault does not work - status page says no problems.

Also if anybody reading this has any idea what could be causing this rather odd fault maybe they can give the VM engineers some help!

As I pay Virgin media nearly £200 a month, I would also like some refund as I have not been able to watch channels or use broadband in the evening and overnight for the last four nights.

7 REPLIES 7

jimmyjgb
Dialled in
8:45 am Saturday all back up! This is the same as the previous three days. It is predictable. Is this intentional by vm? What is going on? This is very annoying.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"I would, however if possible, like further information as to why it is taking so long to fix and more information about when it will be fixed."

If it's a complex issue VM probably do not know when it will be fixed or  even what is causing the problem. It's not like a fuse has blown and your kettle will not work.

1) Do you want VM to tell you it will be fixed in 4 hours, then after 4 hours another 4 hours etc

2) Or tell you it will not be fixed until 1st August and then it gets fixed the next day.

Neither answer is acceptable to users, but it's the only options VM have.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey jimmygb, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you have been affected by an outage.

When you rang the line did it give you an estimate ending date / time at all? 

Sometimes it can take longer to fix because in rare cases we can come up against issues during or shortly before the work such as parts needs ordering or they find that more works needs to be done than they thought which might require a different team. I understand its not ideal and I am sorry about that. 

You can also keep an eye on any updates via this link here. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

No indication of fix time, just checked 0800 line again, same massage. Same again last night, except it was an hour later. Do not know when I came back on(was not on at 8am), but all up and running at the moment. As these do seem to be intended outages (can you confirm), I think that it would be nice to have better communication of this, rather than just a generic "intermittent" statement. "Intermittent" usually implies randomness. These outages, followed by the return of services is somewhat predictable, and also during the day, no problems whatsoever until between 8-10 pm and then all night when everything stops working until the morning.

I have just received a text message saying the issue has been fixed.

Problem has not been fixed. Service has gone down again at 9:10pm. Service status line with same message as before i.e. intermittent service, complex issue etc..

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI jimmyjgb, 

Thank you for reaching back out to us here on the Community. 

I have taken a look from our side and can see that there is still an open outage raised in your area. 

The current estimated fix for this is 3pm today. We apologise for any inconvenience caused by this, we want to assure you that our team are doing everything they can to get this resolved. 

Thank you, 

Nat