cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light router

cathrh
On our wavelength

Good morning 

In error I have deleted my posts from yesterday so I have started again.Solid red light on router with no loss of service.

Have unplugged all equipment and left for 30 minutes no joy when re started.Still red light.

My concern is over heating but have been told by faults not to be concerned as router is fine.Although I have been informed that I need a replacement from the community 

Where do I go from here. 
Regards Gerry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cathrh
On our wavelength

Hi BillBud

I am in router mode.

Regards Gerry

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

BillBudd
Superfast

Good morning,

What model of router (hub) do you have and are you operating in router mode or modem only mode?

Kind Regards,

Bill

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, BT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP, o2 Mobile SIM on iPhone, unlimited data, texts & minutes.

cathrh
On our wavelength

Hi BillBud

Hub3 not sure what mode 

Regards Gerry

cathrh
On our wavelength

Hi BillBud

Just for interest what mode should I be in.

You might have noticed I am not tech savvy.

Regards Gerry

cathrh
On our wavelength

Hi BillBud

I am in router mode.

Regards Gerry

Gerry,

Do you have a separate router that provides your WiFi or is your WiFi coming from the HUB?

If you have a separate router then you are in modem only mode and that will cause the red light I believe.

Bill

I do not work for VM. Services: 2 x HD TV (+ Sky Sports, BT sport), x2 Tivo boxes (WiFi) Hub5 1gb, Talk Weekend Phone on IP, o2 Mobile SIM on iPhone, unlimited data, texts & minutes.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @cathrh

Thanks for your posting, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're seeing a red light on your Hub. I've ran some checks on our end, and can see that there is currently an outage that's can cause an intermittent service - this is due to be resolved by 6th September by 9:40AM and the reference for this is F010076439.

However, this should not be causing a red light on your Hub. Can you please try the following steps:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub.

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight.

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally.

This should clear the red light you're seeing. Please let me know how things go.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

cathrh
On our wavelength

Hi Reece 

Thanks for trying to help.I have had the hub3 in the same place for over a year.I have just done as you have suggested without success.Started to flash red turned green and then returned to solid red.I am  concerned that as it not supposed to be red a fault of some kind has arisen.Possibly over heating as other posts have suggested.Would an increase of speed have have anything to do with it.

Regards Gerry

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Many thanks for the response cathrh,

We'll need to get that replaced.

To do so I've dropped you a PM to discuss further.

You'll find the message within the purple evelope icon.

Regards,

Kain