cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on router

Richrobins81
Joining in

Hub has red light on router (Believe it to be a fire risk from numerous posts).  

I have tried resetting the router (reset button at rear), I have checked all connections and have re-booted numerous times.

My router is in a well ventilated place and is warm to the touch.

3 REPLIES 3

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

Are you running in modem mode?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

No router mode. It has had a red light on there since Friday.

Hi Richrobins81,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry to hear your Router has a Red light showing since Friday, I have been able to locate your account with the details we have for you, there is currently an SNR fault in your area (Signal to Noise Ratio) You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry, and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

The estimated fix time for this is, 18/01/22 @ 12:45.

As the red light on the Router can indicate overheating I will need to invite you into a private chat, so I can either arrange a Technician or a replacement, I will send an invitation shortly, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.