cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub

cedric
On our wavelength

I have had a different colour light for a while in the lounge and problems with a 2nd box dropping recordings in the back room. Today I now have a red light on the hub and Internet and recordings are dropping off. I have reset the box to no avail.

Can an engineer be arranged through here?

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If it is a Hub 3 and the red led stays on after a power cycle it should be replaced as that is a faulty overheat warning. 
If you wait here a day or two a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss with you. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What hub model is it?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @cedric 👋 Welcome back to the forum and thanks for your post 😊

Sorry to see that your having issues with this Hub. Just to confirm, is the Hub overheating at all. Can you please try the following:

• Turn the power switch off on the back of the Hub. 

• Ensure the Hub is upright, in a well-ventilated location, and, if at all possible, out of direct sunlight. 

• Then use the power switch to turn the unit back on. The Hub should now operate normally

If you continue to see the same issue on the Hub, please let us know and we will arrange an engineer to replace this.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

cedric
On our wavelength

Thanks Nathan. There is no overheating but I did as you said and still have the red light. I have checked all connections and rebooted many times to no avail.if you could sort an engineer after the Xmas period.

Thanks

Colin

Hi @cedric 👋.

Thanks for the update. We need to bring you into a private message to get this arranged for you. 

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina