cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Red light on hub 3

EasternPromise
Joining in

Hi there, we have a red light in our hub 3. We have tried switching off for over an hour, and a pin reset in the back and it still reloads with a red light. The device is not hot at any time. Does anyone know what the next steps are to get this resolved with Virgin? The help section on the website doesn't seem to cover this issue!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED is still showing after a pinhole reset, it should be replaced.  The overheat warning needs to be working correctly otherwise it is a risk.

If you wait here a day or two, a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If the red LED is still showing after a pinhole reset, it should be replaced.  The overheat warning needs to be working correctly otherwise it is a risk.

If you wait here a day or two, a VM Mod will pick this up and discuss.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you! I got my partner to try and it now seems ok, so I guess I did the pinhole reset wrong. I did find it very awkward to keep the button pressed in so I guess that would explain it. Fingers crossed I am hopefully sorted for now... 🙂